Definition of Infant fat requirements
Infant fat requirements: Fat in human milk provides 30%-35% of the total daily caloric needs for a growing infant.
Some formulas contain "predigested" fats known as medium chain triglycerides (MCT). These are analogous to the "predigested proteins." Because of their unique application, formulas containing MCT are not routinely recommended for healthy infants and children.
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions