Definition of Soy milk allergy
However, some infants have allergy to both cow milk and soy proteins. These infants require a formula in which the cow milk protein (casein) has been "predigested" and specific amino acids added to provide a formula that can provide proper nutrition.
The decision to utilize one of these specialized formulas should be made in consultation with the infant's pediatrician.
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions