Syphilis - P&S?
"The number and rate of P&S syphilis cases reported in 1998 in the United States are record lows," according to a bulletin from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) published in the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.
What is meant by "P&S syphilis"?
Syphilis is one of the more venerable sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). It is caused by Treponema pallidum, a microscopic organism called a spirochete. This worm-like, spiral-shaped organism infects people by burrowing into the moist mucous membranes of the mouth or genitals.
The Three Stages of Syphilis
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions