Definition of Bone, collar
Bone, collar: A horizontal bone above the first rib that makes up the front part of the shoulder.
The collarbone, also called the clavicle, links the sternum, or breastbone, with the scapula, a triangular bone in the back of the shoulder.
The collarbone ends at the sternum, forming one side of the sternoclavicular joint. It ends at the shoulder forming one side of the acromioclavicular joint.
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions