Even small improvements in muscle size can make a big difference in strength. Our Strength Exercises article will help older adults learn how to begin. You can measure your strength and endurance levels to help you track your progress and learn how much, and how often you should exercise.
Your shoulder muscles will benefit from these exercises.
The chair stand will help you strengthen the muscles in your abdomen and thighs.
Knee extension exercises strengthen the muscles in front of the thigh and shin. The hip extension exercises strengthen buttock and lower back muscles, and side leg raises strengthen the muscles at the sides of the hips and thighs.
Last Editorial Review: 5/19/2003
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions