The quadriceps stretch, stretches muscles in front of thighs.
- Lie on your left
side, on the floor. Your hips should be lined up so that
the right one is directly above the left one. Rest your
head on a pillow or your left hand.
- Bend your right knee,
reach back with your right hand, and hold onto your right
heel. If you can't reach your heel with your hand, loop a
belt over your right foot.
- Pull slightly (with your hand or
with the belt) until the front of your right thigh feels
- Hold the position for 10 to 30 seconds.
position and repeat with other leg.
- Repeat 3 to 5 times on
If the back of your thigh cramps during this
exercise, stretch your leg and try again, more slowly.
Last Editorial Review: 2/10/2003
- Lie on side.
- Rest head on pillow or hand.
- Bend knee that is on top.
- Grab heel of that leg.
- Gently pull that leg until front of thigh stretches.
- Hold position.
- Reverse position and repeat.