The ankle stretch, stretches the front ankle muscles.
- Remove your shoes.
toward the front edge of a chair and lean back, using
pillows to support your back.
- Slide your feet away from the
chair, in front of you, so your legs are outstretched.
your heels still on the floor, point your toes away from
you until you feel a stretch in the front part of your
ankles. If you don't feel a stretch, lift your heels
slightly off the floor while doing this exercise.
- Hold the
- Repeat 3 to 5 times.
- Sit in chair.
- Stretch legs out in front of you, feet off of floor.
- Bend ankles to point feet toward you.
- Bend ankles to point feet away from you.
- If you don't feel the stretch, repeat with your feet
slightly off the floor.
Click here for a printable weekly schedule for exercising: Strength Exercises Daily Record.
Last Editorial Review: 2/10/2003