Side Leg Raise to Improve Balance
The side leg raise is an exercise to improve balance and strength.
Do the side leg raise as part of your regularly scheduled strength exercises. To improve your balance, add these modifications as you progress: Hold table with one hand, then one fingertip, then no hands; then do exercise with eyes closed, if steady.
Click here for a printable weekly schedule for exercising: Strength Exercises Daily Record.
Last Editorial Review: 2/10/2003
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions