The triceps extension strengthens muscles in back of upper arm.
- Sit in a
chair, toward the front. Your feet should be flat on the
floor, spaced apart so that they are even with your
- Hold a weight in your left hand, and raise your
left arm all the way up, so that it's pointing toward the
ceiling, palm facing in. Support your left arm by holding
it just below the elbow with your right hand.
- Slowly bend
your left arm so that the weight in your left hand now
rests behind your left shoulder. Take 3 seconds to
straighten your left arm so that it's pointing toward the
ceiling again. Hold the position for 1 second.
- Take 3
seconds to lower the weight back to your shoulder by
bending your elbow. Keep supporting your left arm with your
right hand throughout the exercise.
- Pause, then repeat the
bending and straightening until you have done the exercise
8 to 15 times with your left arm.
- Reverse positions and
repeat 8 to 15 times with your right arm.
- Rest; then repeat
another set of 8 to 15 repetitions on each side.
- Sit in chair, near front edge.
- Feet flat on floor; keep feet even with shoulders.
- Raise one arm straight toward ceiling.
- Support this arm, below elbow, with other hand.
- Bend raised arm at elbow, bringing hand weight toward
- Slowly re-straighten arm toward ceiling.
- Hold position.
- Slowly bend arm toward shoulder again.
Click here for a printable weekly schedule for exercising: Strength Exercises Daily Record.Last Editorial Review: 2/10/2003