Sports Nutrition: Frequently Asked Questions (cont.)
The RDA for iron is 15 milligrams a day for women and 10 milligrams a day for men. Red meat, fish and poultry are good sources of iron. Vegetarian sources of iron include: fortified breakfast cereals, beans and green leafy vegetables.
Should I take an iron supplement?
Why is calcium so important?
Last Editorial Review: 6/19/2003
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions