Patient Comments: Scoliosis - Experiences

Please describe your experience with scoliosis.

Comment from: vls, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 17

I was diagnosed with severe S curve scoliosis when I was 11 years old. I wore a Milwaukee brace for six months and then had spinal fusion surgery with nine chips and two metal clips. I was bedridden for six months and had to relearn how to walk. I am happy to see that there are other methods of correction requiring less down time. I also am happy to report that I have lived and am living a very productive life. I'm a retired teacher and currently own a bar. I have six children and have no back pain.

Comment from: CPDude666, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: October 28

I have Cerebral Palsy and have 90 degree curve. I have no pain and there is absolutely no danger of my heart lungs being affected.

Scoliosis - Diagnosis Question: How was your scoliosis detected and diagnosed?
Scoliosis - Treatment Question: What was your scoliosis treatment?
Scoliosis - Signs and Symptoms Question: Describe the signs and symptoms associated with scoliosis in you or your child.
Scoliosis - Causes Question: What do you suspect the cause of scoliosis was in you or your child?