Patient Comments: Scoliosis - Treatment

What was your scoliosis treatment?

Comment from: flauter, Published: September 26

Hiccups for me are very painful, and none of the remedies work. They usually last about 30 minutes and then finally go away on their own. My daughter gets them the same way. I've also discovered when I get the hiccups they will usually resurface frequently over a couple days. Also wearing tight pants and sitting up straight in a chair seem to bring them on.

Comment from: Connie, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 22

I was tested for SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth) about two years ago. I have the methane gas type. I tried the SIBO diet without much success, herbal medicines and then 2 antibiotics which I had to discontinue due to an allergic reaction. From morning and throughout the night I let out gas, mainly through opening my mouth and just letting it expel. Sometimes I pass rectal gas but not often. It keeps me awake for hours at night. I have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), constipation type and GERD. I have given up taking anything, nothing seems to work. I also developed Dercum's disease along the way. I am sure there is some connection. I hope they find a cure.

Comment from: ihurts, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: January 29

I had ingrown toe nail surgery 7 weeks ago. My toe is so painful I haven't been able to wear a shoe since. The top of my toe is beet red and blistered. I have soaked, use creams and ointments, gone back to the doctor who cut into it again to see if there was anything foreign. When the stabbing pains hit, it feels like it goes clear to the bone.

Comment from: MIKE D., 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 22

I was first diagnosed with scoliosis when I was in the ninth grade. I had a curvature of the fifth through ninth vertebrae. I wore an 80 lb. full body cast that started from the top of my head up and over my jaw down to my groin, and I wore this monstrosity for 25 months continuously. The spinal fusion took place in July 1965. I've noticed and feel it moving again. Good luck to anyone going through this.

Comment from: Happy scoli, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 05

I had scoliosis surgery, with fusion from T2 to L4, including 2 osteotomies and laminectomies at L2/L3 and L3/L4. That's a total of 15 vertebrae fused. Stainless steel rods were used, 3 rods, 2 long and one shorter one, and several sets of screws, a few hooks, etc. That was 7.5 years ago and all is well. I had a brilliant surgeon who corrected me from 52 degree major curve and two 30 degree minor curves, with lateral listhesis (stair stepping vertebrae) at L2/L3 and L3/L4 to a 12 degree overall curve. My rotation is gone. The surgery was very successful. It took me 2 to 3 years to fully recover.

Comment from: buckeye235, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 12

I stopped drinking over 30 days ago. I experienced mild delirium tremens and a lot of anxiety for a week or more. I drank upwards of 24 beer daily. Sometimes drinking rum straight with ice as a chaser. I did this for 16 years nonstop not counting the on and off heavy drinking since the age of 14. I am currently going on 57.

Comment from: marie, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: May 24

I believe you can lower your cholesterol without medication, it is safer for your health.

Scoliosis - Diagnosis Question: How was your scoliosis detected and diagnosed?
Scoliosis - Signs and Symptoms Question: Describe the signs and symptoms associated with scoliosis in you or your child.
Scoliosis - Causes Question: What do you suspect the cause of scoliosis was in you or your child?
Scoliosis - Experiences Question: Please describe your experience with scoliosis.