- Rheumatoid Arthritis Slideshow
- Take the Lupus Quiz
- Multiple Sclerosis Slideshow
- Patient Comments: Scleroderma - Describe Your Experience
- Patient Comments: Scleroderma - Symptoms and Signs
- Patient Comments: Scleroderma - Treatment
- Patient Comments: Scleroderma - Types
- Find a local Rheumatologist in your town
- Scleroderma facts
- What is scleroderma?
- What causes scleroderma?
- What are risk factors for developing scleroderma?
- How is scleroderma classified?
- What are scleroderma symptoms and signs?
- How is scleroderma diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for scleroderma?
- What is the prognosis (outlook) for patients with scleroderma?
- Can scleroderma be prevented?
Can scleroderma be prevented?
Medically reviewed by Norman Levine, MD; American Board of Dermatology
Arnett, F. C., et al. "Increased prevalence of systemic sclerosis in a Native American tribe in Oklahoma. Association with an Amerindian HLA haplotype." Arthritis and Rheumatism 39.8 (1996): 1362-1370.
Klippel, J. H., et al. Primer on the Rheumatic Diseases, 13th Edition, Springer, 2008.