Patient Comments: Scleritis - Treatment

What treatment(s) or medication(s) have you received for your scleritis?

Comment from: Mariner, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 13

I had scleritis, twice, four years ago. It was treated with ocular prednisone. Three months after that I nearly died from pericarditis that turned into cardiac tamponade. That is when they discovered I had lupus, which explained the scleritis and many other things I had had over 10 years. While my diagnosis was late in life, after seeing a specialist, it was discovered that I probably had it since I was 21, but it had never been diagnosed. I am on a lot of lupus medications (azathioprine, Plaquenil, methotrexate and prednisone). I have not had another attach of scleritis since taking these medications.

Scleritis - Symptoms Question: Describe your signs and symptoms of scleritis.
Scleritis - Risk Factors Question: Do you have an autoimmune disease that increases your risk of scleritis? Please share your experience.
Scleritis - Diagnosis Question: Discuss the events that led to a diagnosis of scleritis.