Patient Comments: Scleritis - Risk Factors

Do you have an autoimmune disease that increases your risk of scleritis? Please share your experience.

Comment from: Dewbooks, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 16

I have had scleritis for over four months now. I also have degenerative arthritis; I have also had a knee replacement (2008). I have continuous joint pain and do not find much relief. I have been in treatment and recently have lost my insurance and have not seen my doctor since May. The scleritis in my left eye will not go away no matter the treatment; I still use erithromycin optic and optical prednisone. I also take a regimen of ibuprofen, 400 mg three times a day.

Scleritis - Symptoms Question: Describe your signs and symptoms of scleritis.
Scleritis - Diagnosis Question: Discuss the events that led to a diagnosis of scleritis.
Scleritis - Treatment Question: What treatment(s) or medication(s) have you received for your scleritis?