View Table of Contents
- Sciatica facts
- What is sciatica?
- What are causes of sciatica?
- What are risk factors for sciatica? What are sciatica symptoms and signs?
- How is sciatica diagnosed?
- What are treatment options for sciatica?
- What are treatment options for sciatica? (Continued)
- What is the outlook (prognosis) for patients with sciatica? Is it possible to prevent sciatica?
- Sciatica is nerve pain from irritation of the sciatic nerve.
- The sciatic nerve is the largest nerve in the body.
- Sciatica pain is typically felt from the low back to behind the thigh and radiating down below the knee.
- Treatments for sciatica depend on the underlying cause and the severity of the pain.