Patient Comments: Schizophrenia - Symptoms

Describe the symptoms associated with schizophrenia in you, a friend, or relative.

Comment from: sue, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 05

I have been diagnosed with almost all the mental illness in the book. First it was bipolar then generalize anxiety disorder to socio affective disorder now they stuck me with schizophrenia. Each time that they give me a diagnosis i was displaying symptoms of whatever they say i have, and that's what scares me. For the last 10 or so years i have been in and out of the hospital trying to find a treatment that do more good than harm. It's like an impossible task. Anyways i am lucky to have my mind in tack even after a brain surgery and I am determine to do something to help myself while others. I decided to go back to school and go as far as i can go in this field because who feel it know it:-)

Schizophrenia - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with schizophrenia.
Schizophrenia - Treatments Question: What treatments have been effective for your schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia - In Children Question: What were your child's symptoms of schizophrenia? Please share your story.