Patient Comments: Schizophrenia - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with schizophrenia.

Comment from: Ian, 19-24 Male (Caregiver) Published: October 06

My friend was diagnosed with Schizophrenic Psychosis when he was 15. Since then he has had many instances where he has had random impulses/urges to kill people like family and friends. He told me that if I got to hear his thoughts for a day, I'd kill myself. He told me this as he contemplated suicide. He constantly hears voices telling him to do vile things and he fears of hurting others and it drives him mad. Medication is only so effective.

Published: July 28

It's a special type of living hell because it has lead me to distrust my family and friends. The people that I love the most become the biggest antagonists. I feel that I can't live like this because I see in black and white and at the moment everything is black. I was taken off my medication a while ago and I know I have to go back on it. Please talk to someone impartial if you feel like this, don't suffer alone even if you just want to be alone.

Published: July 22

My relative is suffering from schizophrenia. She is under treatment, but no tablet is found effective with her she takes penhargan 25mg and aneval 50mg daily twice each tablet but is not recovering. She has been taking the tablets for 8 days.

Schizophrenia - Treatments Question: What treatments have been effective for your schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia - In Children Question: What were your child's symptoms of schizophrenia? Please share your story.
Schizophrenia - Symptoms Question: Describe the symptoms associated with schizophrenia in you, a friend, or relative.