Schizoaffective Disorder Center - Tuckahoe, VA
- WebMD Physician Directory of Tuckahoe Psychiatrist Doctors
- Related Schizoaffective Disorder Articles
- Tuckahoe Emergency Contacts
- Nearby Tuckahoe Hospitals
- Find a Local Pharmacy on RxList - Tuckahoe
Tuckahoe Psychiatrist Doctors for Schizoaffective Disorder
Type of Physician: Psychiatrist
What is a Psychiatrist? A certification by the Board of Psychiatry & Neurology; practitioners are skilled in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of mental, addictive and emotional disorders. He or she is trained to understand the biological, psychological and social components of illness and is qualified to order diagnostic laboratory tests and to prescribe medications, as well as to evaluate and treat psychological and interpersonal problems. The psychiatrist is also prepared to intervene with individuals and families who are coping with stress, crises, and other problems in living.
Schizoaffective disorder facts
- Schizoaffective disorder is an illness characterized by psychotic symptoms (delusions and hallucinations) and mood problems.
- There are two types of schizoaffective disorder: bipol...
Emergency Contact for Tuckahoe
- In case of Emergency, call 911
Nearby Tuckahoe Hospitals results
By using the WebMD Provider Directory, you agree to these Terms and Conditions.