Patient Comments: Schizoaffective Disorder - Symptoms

What are the symptoms of your schizoaffective disorder?

Comment from: Fy-yu., 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 06

I suffer from schizoaffective disorder/bi-polar type. I suffer fear that people and the law are always after me, or watching me! I hear voices. I hallucinate and see shadow people. The radio talks to me too! I go into mania mode, I have tons of energy then, but still delusional.

Comment from: redpirate, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 22

I have "talked to myself", since I was 14. No one else ever was willing to listen. I think it's my "twin", even though no one else can see here. I also have had unreasonable faith in the opposite gender. With one, I kept believing he'd change his mind and love me if I just didn't give up. I paid some of his restitution, put $ on his books when he was in county jail, continued a sexual relationship, moved him in as a condition of his monitored release, and participated in his drug rehab program, twice. He did keep telling me that he didn't love me and wouldn't. I just could NOT believe it or let go. He was 17 years my junior. I was in my 40's.

Schizoaffective Disorder - Treatment Question: What treatment did you receive for your schizoaffective disorder?