Patient Comments: Schatzki's Ring - Treatment

Were you or a relative diagnosed with Schatzki's ring? Please describe the treatment.

Comment from: sapg, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: June 25

My husband has been diagnosed with it. He had a barium test and then was given a pill (Dexilant). Still having trouble swallowing and is a little gaggy. He has little to no appetite.

Comment from: Hollandprojects, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: June 10

I always thought that schatskis ring was just really bad heart burn. Sometimes it felt like my stomache was turning inside out. (We know the feeling of the piece of food that gets stuck) One day I could not swallow anything and the heartburn pain was so bad that I went to the hospital. I finally layed down and the food went down. They were concerened about chest pains and I ended up performing some radioactive heart attack test, which cost a lot of money. They never did diagnose me with schatzkis ring. I was only recently told by someone else that had it. Thats when I stumbled on this sight.

Schatzki's Ring - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms that led to a diagnosis of Schatzki's ring?