- A Better Psoriasis Treatment?
- Psoriasis Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Learn to Diagnose Psoriasis
- Patient Comments: Scalp Psoriasis - Symptoms
- Patient Comments: Scalp Psoriasis - Topical Treatments
- Patient Comments: Scalp Psoriasis - Office Treatments
- Patient Comments: Scalp Psoriasis - Medications
- Find a local Doctor in your town
- What is scalp psoriasis?
- What is the cause of scalp psoriasis?
- What are scalp psoriasis symptoms and signs?
- How do health-care professionals diagnose scalp psoriasis?
- What are scalp psoriasis home remedies and topical treatments? Are there shampoos for scalp psoriasis?
- What are office treatments for scalp psoriasis?
- What are systemic treatments for psoriasis?
- What is the prognosis of scalp psoriasis? Is there a cure?
- Which physicians treat scalp psoriasis?
- Are there support groups for individuals with psoriasis?
Quick GuideTypes of Psoriasis: Medical Pictures and Treatments
What is the prognosis of scalp psoriasis? Is there a cure?
Since psoriasis is incurable unless there is a miraculous spontaneous resolution, those afflicted need to remember that constant care is required to keep it controlled. With diligent attention, scalp psoriasis can be controlled.
Which physicians treat scalp psoriasis?
Dermatologists are specialists who deal with the diagnosis and treatment of many kinds of scalp conditions. Other physicians that can be involved in the care of patients with psoriasis include general and family-practice physicians, internists, and rheumatologists.
Are there support groups for individuals with psoriasis?
Patient support groups like the National Psoriasis Foundation are valuable additions to medical care that can aid individuals dealing with the disease.
Frez, Maria Lorna F., et al. "Recommendations for a patient-centered approach to the assessment and treatment of scalp psoriasis: a consensus statement from the Asia Scalp Psoriasis Study Group." Journal of Dermatological Treatment 25.1 (2014): 38-45.
Kircik, L.H., and S. Kumar. "Scalp Psoriasis." J Drugs Dermatol 9.8 Aug. 2010: s101-5.
Wong, Jillian W., Faranak Kamangar, Tien V. Nguyen, John Y.M. Koo. "Excimer Laser Therapy for Hairline Psoriasis: A Useful Addition to the Scalp Psoriasis Treatment Algorithm." Skin Therapy Lett 17.5 May 2012: 6-9.