Patient Comments: Scabies - Symptoms

What symptoms and signs did you experience with your scabies rash?

Comment from: Hassan, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 06

Since 3 months I have been feeling pain in my chest and left arm. When the pain occurs I start worrying about what is happening to me, if I am going to die, or if I am having a heart attack. I started to check my heartbeat. I went to 4 doctors, they examined me, I had an ECG, and all ok. Even those times while I am with my friends I feel pain in chest and arm and shortness of breath. I feel anxiety. I try to relax even during outing, but I can't.

Comment from: JJ6, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: March 16

The only thing new in my life when I first noticed my first itchy spot was a new gym membership. About a month later it had turned into a rash and bites appeared on my other leg. Soon my hip, elbow, waist, tailbone were affected and a doctor diagnosed it as scabies and prescribed permethrin cream. My first application seemed to agitate two of the areas considerably. On a scale of 1 to 10 I was about an 8 with the itch. A few days later I was about a 4 in the evening. I reapplied to some sensitive spots but no improvement. I then did another full application a couple weeks later but no improvement. I ordered a natural product, which helped considerably with the itch immediately but they slowly began to spread again. This time, a month and a half later, it was not as intense. I had been bathing in sulfur soap, tea tree oil was of no help, and dabbing spots with isopropyl alcohol was helpful after showers. I finally came across a post about Nu-Stock. I was that desperate to try it. I mixed a 12 dollar tube with regular lotion and applied heavily for four nights in a row. In a couple spots where it began to sting a little I just applied more regular lotion. I wore sweats and long sleeve t-shirt to bed and was discouraged as a new rash developed in two areas. I kept at it and the rashes began to heal and the other smaller trouble spots began to heal. Constant clothes and bedding washing and reapplication of Nu-Stock for a week has made the biggest impact yet. Just one small spot I'm watching and zero itch. The smell is awful but after everything else I would start with this product before anything else. So grateful for seeing healing. There is a video on you tube and a few posts if you search. Please research yourself but in my case I'll rave about the stuff. Good luck!

Comment from: exhausted, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 21

I have been dealing with scabies for almost 2 months now. When I first went to the doctor they told me I had gotten poison ivy. Then I went back because I wasn't getting better and then the doctor realized it was scabies. I had it on my hands in between my fingers, on my stomach, under my armpit, and on my thighs near my vagina. I got the permethrin cream 5 percent and I used the whole tube. My mom also made a spray of tea tree oil and the scabies on my hands had disappeared and were gone but that took a month. Then I noticed the area in my privates was still bad and had welts so I went back to the doctor again and got cream. She suggested that I clean everything; I have cleaned my sheets, bought new sheets and cleaned clothes, and I am hoping it goes away. It has brought me down and made me depressed, wondering when it will go away.

Comment from: Itchintx, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 19

However unconventional, this worked for me for scabies. I had several bites that were not concentrated in one particular area (a few here, a few there). As soon as I saw one, I'd pop the pustule and swab it with alcohol. Then smother it in toothpaste and cover with a Band-Aid. The toothpaste stung a bit. Doing this helped relieve itching and smothered the mite. I kept this up while treating and haven't had any additional issues.

Comment from: watersmelon, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 13

A friend's big dog jumped on me and dug a big hole in my arm. After healing it I noted a lump in the area of the injury and thought it was possibly a fungus caused by the injury. A couple of weeks later my arm was covered in red itchy bumps. I practice holistic medicines when I can and after another week I decided I needed to see a doctor. He didn't know what it was either, prescribed an ointment for scabies. I used it for a day and after reading about someone using witch hazel, decided to try that method. Lo and behold, all the little black dots on the cotton pad was encouraging that they were being removed from my arm. Now I'm back to therapeutic essential oils treating the wounds from these little critters. Witch hazel and therapeutic essential oils are the way to go.

Scabies - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your scabies?
Scabies - Causes Question: What caused your scabies?
Scabies - How It's Contracted Question: How did you contract your scabies?
Scabies - Prevention Question: What steps have you taken to prevent a scabies infestation?