Salsalate (Amigesic, Salflex, Argesic-SA, Marthritic, Salsitab, Artha-GDisalcid, Amigesic, Disalcid) is a nonsteroidal antiinflammatory medication (NSAIDs) used for the treatment of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. It is also prescribed for the treatment of inflammation and pain as a result from soft tissue injuries, bursitis, and tendinitis. Side effects, warnings and precautions, drug interactions, and safety during pregnancy should be reviewed prior to taking this medication.
Acute injuries, medical conditions, and chronic use conditions are causes of knee pain. Symptoms and signs that accompany knee...learn more »
Bursitis of the hip results when the fluid-filled sac (bursa) near the hip becomes inflamed due to localized soft tissue trauma...learn more »
In This Article
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Article
- Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) facts
- What is rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?
- What are causes and risk factors of rheumatoid arthritis?
- What are complications of rheumatoid arthritis?
- What are rheumatoid arthritis symptoms and signs?
- What tests do physicians use to diagnose rheumatoid arthritis?
- What is the treatment for rheumatoid arthritis? What types of medications treat RA?
- "First-line" rheumatoid arthritis medications
- "Second-line" or "slow-acting" rheumatoid arthritis drugs (disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs or DMARDs)
- What are newer rheumatoid arthritis treatments?
- Rheumatoid arthritis diet, exercise, home remedies, and alternative medicine
- What about rheumatoid arthritis and pregnancy?
- What is the prognosis (outlook) for patients with rheumatoid arthritis?
- Is it possible to prevent rheumatoid arthritis?
- What research is being done on rheumatoid arthritis?
- Where can people get additional information on rheumatoid arthritis?
Foot pain may be caused by injuries (sprains, strains, bruises, and fractures), diseases (diabetes, Hansen disease, and gout),...learn more »
Bursitis of the knee results when any of the three fluid-filled sacs (bursae) become inflamed due to injury or strain. Symptoms...learn more »
In This Article
Knee Bursitis Article
- Knee bursitis facts
- What is bursitis?
- What is knee bursitis?
- What are causes of knee bursitis?
- What are knee bursitis
symptoms and signs?
- How is knee bursitis diagnosed?
- How is prepatellar bursitis of the knee treated? Are there
home remedies for knee bursitis?
- What about the other knee bursae?
- What is the prognosis (outlook) of knee bursitis?
- Can knee bursitis be prevented?
Shoulder bursitis is inflammation of the shoulder bursa. Bursitis may be caused by injury, infection, or a rheumatic condition....learn more »