Salsalate (Amigesic, Salflex, Argesic-SA, Marthritic, Salsitab, Artha-GDisalcid, Amigesic, Disalcid) is a nonsteroidal antiinflammatory medication (NSAIDs) used for the treatment of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. It is also prescribed for the treatment of inflammation and pain as a result from soft tissue injuries, bursitis, and tendinitis. Side effects, warnings and precautions, drug interactions, and safety during pregnancy should be reviewed prior to taking this medication.
Bursitis of the hip results when the fluid-filled sac (bursa) near the hip becomes inflamed due to localized soft tissue trauma...learn more »
In This Article
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Article
- Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) facts
- What is rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?
- Rheumatoid arthritis vs. osteoarthritis
- What are rheumatoid arthritis causes and risk factors?
- What are complications of rheumatoid arthritis?
- What are rheumatoid arthritis symptoms and signs?
- What tests do physicians use to diagnose rheumatoid arthritis?
- What are the stages of rheumatoid arthritis?
- What is the treatment for rheumatoid arthritis? What are types of rheumatoid arthritis medications?
- "First-line" rheumatoid arthritis medications
- "Second-line" or "slow-acting" rheumatoid arthritis drugs (disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs or DMARDs)
- What are newer rheumatoid arthritis medical treatments?
- Rheumatoid arthritis diet, exercise, therapy, home remedies, and alternative medicine
- What about rheumatoid arthritis and pregnancy?
- What is the prognosis for patients with rheumatoid arthritis?
- Is there a cure for RA?
- What are tips for living with rheumatoid arthritis?
- Is it possible to prevent rheumatoid arthritis?
- What specialists treat rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?
- What new information about RA has come from the 2015 national meeting of the American College of Rheumatology?
- What research is being done on rheumatoid arthritis?
- Are there support groups for people with rheumatoid arthritis?
- Where can people get additional information on rheumatoid arthritis?
Acute injuries, medical conditions, and chronic use conditions are causes of knee pain. Symptoms and signs that accompany knee...learn more »
Arthritis is inflammation of one or more joints. When joints are inflamed they can develop stiffness, warmth, swelling, redness...learn more »
In This Article
- Arthritis facts
- What is arthritis?
- How many types of arthritis exist?
- What causes arthritis?
- What are risk factors for arthritis?
- What are arthritis symptoms and signs?
- Who is affected by arthritis?
- How do
health-care professionals diagnose arthritis? Why is a diagnosis important?
- Is there an arthritis diet?
- Are there foods to avoid when you have arthritis?
- What is the treatment for arthritis?
- What are the prognosis (outlook) for arthritis, and what are arthritis complications?
- Is it possible to prevent arthritis?
- What is a rheumatologist, and what specialties of doctors treat arthritis?
- What is the Arthritis Foundation?
Shoulder bursitis is inflammation of the shoulder bursa. Bursitis may be caused by injury, infection, or a rheumatic condition....learn more »
Foot pain may be caused by injuries (sprains, strains, bruises, and fractures), diseases (diabetes, Hansen disease, and gout),...learn more »