Patient Comments: Salivary Gland Cancer - Symptoms

Question:What symptoms did you experience with your salivary gland cancer?

Comment from: kiptinessL, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: June 09

I was diagnosed of a benign hepatic hemangioma in 2006, the size of an orange, accidentally during a CT scan. Following consultations with a liver specialist, he advised removal saying that it has the potential to rupture, and even suggested I don't play football or rugby, and avoid any direct hit to the liver. To date I haven't removed it because of fear of potential bleeding due to the resultant biopsy, although I continue to have back pains. I am still undecided on what to do and I need at least three opinions from doctors.

Comment from: msra, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 25

In 2006, I had an enlargement of the upper right side of my abdomen, just below my right breast. It was found to be hepatic hemangioma. The right lobe of my liver was surgically removed to avoid rupture.

Comment from: the kid, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 26

I started having pain in my upper right and also the upper left side after I had fell and landed on my back and hitting my head. The pain increased for 7 months, then I started having problems eating. During Thanksgiving dinner I would eat a small amount and feel like I just finished; 15-20 minutes later I would be hungry again. After two months I decided to have it checked out. After a CT scan they discovered three Cavernous hemangiomas, the largest in the right lobe posteromedially 12 X 6 X 7.3 cm; next in the left lobe near the dome 43 X 33 X 22 mm; and a third in the right lobe near the porta hepatis 19 X 22 X 17 mm. I am in pain, they want to prescribe Pain Killers but I am fearful of the liver damage that may be caused from the pain killers. I have good days and bad, as for today I am very dizzy and nausea. I am going to find another doctor that can give me another opinon as to how I should treat this because to live with this chronic pain is not a fun way to be.

Salivary Gland Cancer - Risks Question: Please discuss any risk factors that may have contributed to your salivary gland cancer.
Salivary Gland Cancer - Diagnosis Question: What tests and exams did you experience that led to a diagnosis of salivary gland cancer?
Salivary Gland Cancer - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, surgery, or therapy did you receive for salivary gland cancer?