SALBUTAMOL (ALBUTEROL)-ORAL DISK INHALER (cont.)
SIDE EFFECTS: Dry mouth, irritated throat, dizziness, headache, lightheadedness, heartburn, loss of appetite, altered taste sensation, restlessness, anxiety, nervousness, trembling, and sweating may occur but should subside as your body adjusts to the medication. If these symptoms persist or worsen, inform your doctor. To relieve dry mouth, suck on (sugarless) hard candy or ice chips, chew (sugarless) gum, drink water or use saliva substitute. Inform your doctor if you experience: chest pain, pounding heartbeat, breathing difficulties. In the unlikely event you have a serious allergic reaction to this drug, seek medical attention immediately. Symptoms of a serious allergic reaction include: rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, trouble breathing. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
PRECAUTIONS: Tell your doctor your medical history, especially of: an overactive thyroid, heart disease, high blood pressure, epilepsy, diabetes, drug allergies. This medication should be used only when clearly needed during pregnancy. Discuss the risk and benefits with your doctor. This drug may be excreted into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
DRUG INTERACTIONS: Tell your doctor of all prescription and nonprescription medications you use, including: beta-blockers (e.g., propranolol, timolol), all asthma medications, ephedrine, epinephrine, pseudoephedrine, antidepressants, MAO inhibitors (e.g., furazolidone, linezolid, phenelzine, selegiline, tranylcypromine), diuretics (e.g., hydrochlorothiazide). It is important to read the labels carefully on all over-the-counter medications, especially those used for colds, allergies, asthma or diets as they may contain ingredients mentioned above. Do not start or stop any medicine without doctor or pharmacist approval.
OVERDOSE: If overdose is suspected, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately. US residents can call the US national poison hotline at 1-800-222-1222. Canadian residents should call their local poison control center directly. Symptoms of overdose may include chest pain, fast or irregular heartbeat, headache, tremors, nervousness, weakness, and dizziness.
Back to Medications Index
Get the latest health and medical information delivered direct to your inbox FREE!