GENERIC NAME: sacubitril and valsartan
BRAND NAME: Entresto
GENERIC AVAILABLE: No
- Entresto is used for reducing the risk of cardiovascular death and hospitalization for heart failure in patients with chronic heart failure (NYHA Class II-IV).
- Entresto is combined with other heart failure medications and in place of an ACE inhibitor or other ARBs.
WARNING: (BLACK BOX WARNING):
- Entresto should be stopped as soon as possible when pregnancy is detected because drugs that act directly on the renin-angiotensin system can cause injury and death to the developing fetus.
The most common side effects of Entresto are:
Possible serious side effects include:
- Hives (angioedema)
- Kidney failure
- Serious allergic reactions
- Severe low blood pressure
- Reduced number of white blood cells
- Reduced number of platelets
- Muscle breakdown
- Fetal toxicity
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.