Patient Comments: Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction - Experience

Please describe your experience with sacroiliac joint dysfunction (si joint pain).

Published: June 09

I have had SI joint pain on and off for over 20 years. The first episode was misdiagnosed as a disc problem (and subsequently) I was given traction which of course made it worse. So I had months of severe inflammation This was not resolved until I had manipulation and this has been the case ever since UNTIL NOW.I have had four sessions with a qualified osteopath, whom I trust completely, and he says the joint is now mobile But the inflammation persists and is affecting my life. I am now 66 and I seem to be stuck with it I am now returning to my own doctor but still feel the answer lies with manipulation and associated treatments.

Comment from: angela, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 12

Hello to the nurse with the back problems. I have suffered from SI dysfunction for 10 years now and have tried everything under the sun. In fact, like you I was in my late 20's. The only thing that helped me was acupuncture. I did the injections, PT, meds, I go to the gym, I am slim, blah, blah, nothing worked. Acupuncture was amazing and I highly recommend it.

Published: August 01

I have had 2 SI joint injections. I will highly recommend the injection. Depending on individual pain tolerance you may need a sedative of some sort before the injection. I did not, but everyone is different. A person will always have to be mindful of lifting, jerking, twisting, bending, sitting without crossing the legs and so on. But most SI joint pain can be tolerated. Not welcome, but tolerated.

Published: July 09

I am a 39 year old mother of two. My sacroiliac dysfunction started about five years ago and was just recently diagnosed last week. All of the sudden, I started having severe pain in my lower back and my neck. I received an injection as a diagnostic tool last week.

Published: July 28

When I try to walk just short distances my si joints are so painful I don't feel that I can make it back to my house. I awake at night with pain. If I lay on my side I have terrible pain and I feel as if my legs are going to stop working because of all of the pain.

Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction - Treatments Question: What treatment has been effective for your SI joint pain?