What other names is Saccharomyces Boulardii known by?
Brewer's Yeast (Hansen CBS 5926), Hansen CBS 5926, Levure de Boulangerie (Hansen CBS 5926), Probiotic, Probiotique, Saccharomyces, Saccharomyces boulardii, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae, S. Boulardii.
What is Saccharomyces Boulardii?
Saccharomyces boulardii is a yeast. It is used as medicine.
Possibly Effective for...
- Prevention of diarrhea associated with antibiotics.
- Prevention of traveler's diarrhea.
- Diarrhea in infants.
- HIV-associated diarrhea.
- Preventing recurring intestinal disease caused by a bacterium called Clostridium difficile.
- Acne, in combination with other treatments.
- Reducing side effects of treatment for the ulcer-causing bacterium Helicobacter pylori.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Preventing yeast overgrowth in the digestive tract of patients with cystic fibrosis, urinary tract infections (UTIs), yeast infections, high cholesterol, Lyme disease, hives, fever blisters, canker sores, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, lactose intolerance, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).