Featured: Running Main Article
Running is the sixth most popular exercise in the U.S. The health benefits of running include increases in HDL cholesterol and reduced body fat, blood pressure, triglycerides, and risk of heart disease. Proper technique should be followed and appropriate footwear should be worn to avoid injury.
A torn meniscus (knee cartilage) may be caused by suddenly stopping, sharply twisting, or deep squatting or kneeling when lifting...learn more »
Bursitis of the hip results when the fluid-filled sac (bursa) near the hip becomes inflamed due to localized soft tissue trauma...learn more »
There are several bones in the foot, and these bones can be broken (fractured) in a variety of ways. Falling from heights,...learn more »
In This Article
Broken Foot Article
- Broken foot facts
- What is the structure of the foot?
- What are the causes of a broken foot?
- Pictures of the bones in the foot
- What are the symptoms of a broken foot?
- When should I call the doctor for foot pain?
- How is a broken foot diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for a broken foot?
- What are the complications of a broken foot?
- Can a broken foot be prevented?
Insulin resistance is the diminished ability of cells to respond to the action of insulin in transporting glucose (sugar) from...learn more »
In This Article
Insulin Resistance Article
- Insulin resistance definition and facts
- What is insulin resistance?
- What are the signs and symptoms of insulin resistance?
- What causes insulin resistance?
- What is the relationship between insulin resistance and diabetes?
- What are normal insulin levels?
- What medical conditions are associated with insulin resistance?
- Who is at risk for insulin resistance?
- Which specialties of doctors treat insulin resistance?
- Is there a test for insulin resistance?
- Can insulin resistance be cured?
- Is there a special diet plan for treating insulin resistance?
- What foods help prevent type 2 diabetes?
- What about exercise to treat insulin resistance?
- What medications treat insulin resistance?
- Can insulin resistance be prevented?
- What is the prognosis for a person with insulin resistance?
- What's new in insulin resistance?
Foot pain may be caused by injuries (sprains, strains, bruises, and fractures), diseases (diabetes, Hansen disease, and gout),...learn more »