Featured: Running Main Article
Running is the sixth most popular exercise in the U.S. The health benefits of running include increases in HDL cholesterol and reduced body fat, blood pressure, triglycerides, and risk of heart disease. Proper technique should be followed and appropriate footwear should be worn to avoid injury.
A torn meniscus (knee cartilage) may be caused by suddenly stopping, sharply twisting, or deep squatting or kneeling when lifting...learn more »
Bursitis of the hip results when the fluid-filled sac (bursa) near the hip becomes inflamed due to localized soft tissue trauma...learn more »
Dehydration is the excessive loss of body water. There are a number of causes of dehydration including heat exposure, prolonged...learn more »
In This Article
- Dehydration facts
- What is dehydration?
- What causes dehydration?
- Dehydration pictures
- What are the signs and symptoms of dehydration?
- What about dehydration in children?
- How is dehydration diagnosed?
- How is dehydration treated?
- Can I treat dehydration at home?
- What are the complications of dehydration?
- Can dehydration be prevented?
In This Article
Hyponatremia (Low Blood Sodium) Article
- Hyponatremia facts
- What is hyponatremia (low blood sodium)?
- What causes hyponatremia (low blood sodium)?
- What are the symptoms of hyponatremia (low blood sodium)?
- How is hyponatremia (low blood sodium) diagnosed?
- How is hyponatremia (low blood sodium) treated?
Foot pain may be caused by injuries (sprains, strains, bruises, and fractures), diseases (diabetes, Hansen disease, and gout),...learn more »