Patient Comments: Rotator Cuff Disease - Symptoms

What were your symptoms that led to a diagnosis of rotator cuff disease?

Comment from: Will marry, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 14

I was caring for my husband at home for 10 months, I was lifting him in and out of bed, and wheel chair. Towards his end he couldn"t help me, I was lifting him up in the bed, when I heard and felt something snap in my upper arm. The doctor diagnosed rotator cuff injury, I rested for a month, and I was sent to have injections, but the consultant said no. I am now in a lot of pain, very restricted mobility, and wake up at night with pain. I don"t know which is best, rest or exercise.

Rotator Cuff - Injury Question: How did you injure your rotator cuff?
Rotator Cuff - Cause Question: Was the cause of your rotator cuff disease due to repetitive strains? Please share your experience.
Rotator Cuff Disease - Treatment and Exercise Question: What kinds of treatment were effective for your rotator cuff disease? Did you have physical therapy?