Patient Comments: Rotator Cuff - Cause

Was the cause of your rotator cuff disease due to repetitive strains? Please share your experience.

Comment from: Siri, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 28

I twisted my left shoulder pulling a transport incubator that weighs over 40 stone and conveys babies between hospitals, about 18 months ago. I have been having back pain since then. Two weeks ago I went for conventional X-ray which showed rotator cuff syndrome, I am starting physiotherapy but do not know what this will mean for my employment as a nurse. I am 54 years old. I also have osteopenia in the spine for the last 5 years diagnosed on DEXA scan at menopause clinic, I am trying to continue with daily activities for the time being.

Comment from: bluesky7, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 06

My job of fourteen years was delivering appliances. We would take carry straps and place under the appliances and carry them where ever they needed to go which caused the repetitive strain.

Comment from: medicbutch, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: September 17

I can't pinpoint a recent cause. The shoulder freezes, the arm gets weak throughout the day and it is very painful to lift my arm, especially if my hand is facing supine.

Rotator Cuff - Injury Question: How did you injure your rotator cuff?
Rotator Cuff Disease - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms that led to a diagnosis of rotator cuff disease?
Rotator Cuff Disease - Treatment and Exercise Question: What kinds of treatment were effective for your rotator cuff disease? Did you have physical therapy?