Patient Comments: Roseola - Children and Rashes

Describe the appearance and timing of the rash when your child had roseola.

Comment from: ConcernedDad, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 12

I was diagnosed with roseola by my family doctor back in January. The rash was very evident but the fevers didn't last more than 2 days. I was led to believe they cycle could last as long 8 to 10 weeks. It is now 16 weeks later and I am still getting rash and the worst part was I got a small rash on my face on my chin.

Comment from: barbieoliver, 0-2 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 15

My little daughter had a fever that got up to 102.5 for 4 days and then all of a sudden she broke out into a rash of little red bumps all over her body. She was fussy and irritable. She is normally a very happy baby it was so hard to see her that way. She went to the children's emergency room and they said she is contagious and that it should go away after about 4 days.

Comment from: GrandmaC, Male (Caregiver) Published: July 23

My daughter asked me to pick up my 14 month old grandson from daycare early on Thursday as he wasn't feeling very well. When I got him home his temp was 102+. During the night it wouldn't go lower than 102.even with Tylenol. Took him to the doctor the next day. He had an ear infection even though he had tubes. The doctor prescribed Omnicef. He seemed to respond well. The rash appeared the next evening Saturday.(after 2 doses) As I thought it was an allergic reaction to the antibiotic, I quit giving it to him until we could get him back into the doctor the next day. Monday, The doctor took one look at him and said the ears were a side note. He had roseola and to continue the antibiotic. The rash started on his tummy and back and spread up his neck into his hairline. Definitely decreased appetite and very fussy.

Roseola - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with roseola.
Roseola - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms you experienced with roseola?
Roseola - Children and Seizures Question: Did your child have a roseola related-seizure? What did you do?
Roseola - Contacting a Doctor Question: What was it about your child's illness that prompted you to consult a doctor? Did you suspect roseola?