Patient Comments: Rosacea - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with rosacea?

Comment from: Embarrassed, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 15

I have recently developed Rosacea in the last 2-3 years. I am 47 years old and I am very embarrassed by it. Acne is one of my symptoms. I feel like I am 12. My adult children have looked at me and said Mom what is wrong with your face. I did see a dermatologist for the first time in my life. It seems it is trial and error and very expensive. I have an HSA and pay for it all. They will only prescribe for 3 months at a time so you have to keep paying office visits. Nothing is really working to clear it up. I was reading online one evening and read something about digestive enzymes. It triggered a thought in my head. I had my gallbladder out 3.5 years ago. Wow that was shortly before the rosacea started. My digestive system has certainly changed with having no Gallbladder now. I am going to seek the help of a Homeopath. I used to see a nature path who retired. My guess is it will be worth the money. Once again not covered by insurance.

Comment from: MarcSparks, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: July 26

I was just reading about Rosacea on this site and thought I would share my excellent treatment clinic that I finally found in London, and what I have noticed that they seem to have state of the art equipment, not like some of the salons I have visited (in the UK everyone can own an IPL machine even your general grocer!!) I noticed this not only from my experience of seeing many other machines in my years of having treatments but doing my own research and that coupled with the fact that this is the first IPL equipment that hasn't resulted in my facial skin bruising after treatment does a much more thorough and strong blast of my red areas than was ever administered by any of the other 'mickey mouse' clinics I have visited in the past... as you can gauge I am really frustrated I had not found the clinic in London sooner! The other frustrating thing for me is that no matter how hard I try the flushing and superficial redness often returns in the weeks/month following my IPL treatments so it feels as though I am chasing my own tail, what the knowledgeable staff at The Pulse Light Clinic have done is provide all the support and understanding in order for me to start managing other triggers and a change in my lifestyle including stress, dietry & products I use on my skin. It is still early days yet but will keep you posted on here now, the great thing is after years it is only now and at this practicioner that I am given these tools and can see results! AMAZING!!! I seriously believe managing Rosacea/skin breakouts... redness or flushing is 50% yourself and 50% mechanical/IPL or what a clinic can offer so to anyone reading this you have to put in the leg work guys!!!

Comment from: Grandma of 10, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 25

I have had rosacea for 15 years, and it's getting worse. I have used Metronidazole topical gel for years, and now it doesn't seem to be working at all. I was diagnosed with diabetes a year ago and take Metformin and now thyroid medication. I'm 60, and I look as if a have a bad case of acne and large veins on my cheeks. I look terrible.

Comment from: bhote, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: May 01

I experienced burning, an oily face with dirt, headache, eye irritation, red-hot facial skin, and sometimes red bumps.

Comment from: Irene, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 23

Red face, Visible capillaries, flushing, dry, irritated eyes, cyst type lumps and pimples most of the time. I have suffered from Rosacea for around 20 years but did not know the problem for a long time. At 60 it is finally under control. IPL performed by a reputable doctor will remove visible capillaries and background redness and you don't flush much at all. A glycolic acid cleanser helps keep pores clear, thus minimises blockages and lumps and bumps. Antibiotic gel (Eryacne) and a Vitamin A cream (Retrieve or Stieva) helps a lot with blemishes and clearing them quickly. Moisturisers with Hyaluronic Acid and MSM are marvellous as they look after dehydration and inflammation. Supplements of EFA's, Cod liver oil with A & d, Zinc, Vit. E (mixed tocotrienols best) Vit C, MSM will all help from the inside out. Cod Liver oil also helps with the eye irritation of Ocular Rosacea.

Comment from: Nanah, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 26

Walnuts and peanuts really seem to make my rosacea flare up.

Rosacea - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your rosacea?
Rosacea - Share Your Experience Question: How did the first signs of rosacea appear? Please share your experience.
Rosacea - Triggers and Diet Question: Have you noticed any triggers for your rosacea? Which foods do you avoid, and which foods help your skin?
Rosacea - Natural Remedies Question: Do you use any home or natural remedies for your rosacea? Please share tips.
Rosacea - Skin Care Question: Please provide tips and suggestions for taking care of rosacea and your sensitive skin.