Patient Comments: Rosacea - Share Your Experience

How did the first signs of rosacea appear? Please share your experience.

Comment from: 45-54 (Patient) Published: September 06

I suffered from rosacea for most of my adult life. I can deal with the red face and purple nose but, I just found out for sure my rosacea is effecting my eyes. I don't know what to do. I can't afford the meds

Comment from: teresa, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 11

I first found out that I had rosacea when I saw an advertisement that confirmed my symptoms. Ten years ago I went to the Ophthamologist with grittiness, itching and dryness of my eyes. He confirmed the diagnosis. The worst part of this is that our so called insurance -Aetna- thru Home Depot refuses to cover so many treatments and medications.

Comment from: Carol, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 15

I found that indoor heating, particularly the reverse cycle air conditioner, made my poor face really red and all these little red veins came up temporarily. Also I started to get little pimples, which left marks. I did not have a very helpful GP, so I saw a dermatologist.

Rosacea - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your rosacea?
Rosacea - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with rosacea?
Rosacea - Triggers and Diet Question: Have you noticed any triggers for your rosacea? Which foods do you avoid, and which foods help your skin?
Rosacea - Natural Remedies Question: Do you use any home or natural remedies for your rosacea? Please share tips.
Rosacea - Skin Care Question: Please provide tips and suggestions for taking care of rosacea and your sensitive skin.