Patient Comments: Rosacea - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your rosacea?

Comment from: Bec, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 22

I was first diagnosed with rosacea in my mid-20s. I had a very bad case of it which affected my chin region. I was initially put on a cream which was prescribed by my dermatologist. The cream was fantastic but was only a short term cream and was also very expensive. Since then, I have been using QV cream which is cheap and a cream I can use daily. QV seems to keep my rosacea calm and I have seen a huge improvement in the redness since using QV. I am now 30 and you wouldn"t even know I have rosacea.

Comment from: BL, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: December 17

I have tried a lot of different things for rosacea. What really works best for me has been Epsom salt soaks, apple cider vinegar as a toner, tea tree oil and calamine lotion. I used various ones on different days. Almost any type of moisturizer makes me break out as I have very oily skin. A dose of 50mg doxycycline also helps but I'd rather not be on antibiotics. I think it is a matter of finding what works best for you and not overdoing it.

Comment from: Aleish, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 28

I developed Rosacea, dermatitis and severe dry eyes over a couple of months. The dermatologist thought it was brought on by my use of steroid cream and nasal spray. I have had great results with Finacea and doxycycline 50mg (low dose because of thrush). However I have had no improvement with my eyes. Initially I was put on Finacea alone but it stung too much. However once I was on the doxycycline and the skin settled down I could use Finacea with no problems.

Comment from: HappyJessJess, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 19

I've found that my rosacea is closely related to my acne. I have never, ever, had acne before this year (I am 25). As my faced started turning red, I assumed it was simply just the rosacea. I got on doxycycline and ended up being allergic; the doctor gave me a different cream that did nothing. Eventually, I bought the AcneFree Redness Relief System on a whim. I cannot begin to express how much better my skin looks. I think most of my rosacea was actually just acne, and it has really, really helped. I feel much better about myself. All these rosacea websites scream not to ever use benzoyl peroxide, but that is what this product's main ingredient is, and it has worked wonders. You can buy it at any drugstore for $25. It lasts about two months.

Comment from: Don, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 17

Rosacea is easy to get rid of; all one has to do is get on a strict gluten free diet and take your essential fatty acid (EFA) and vitamin A.

Comment from: lmartinwv, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 18

I currently have rosacea. I was in my thirties when first diagnosed with rosacea. So far, I have found that topical Metrogel for the face has helped calm the redness and doxycycline also helped.

Comment from: cookie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 26

I am 70 years old and now at this late age I have rosacea! It is bad, it is always like a blowtorch has hit my face and it has hit my eyes. I can find nothing that helps and it is a nightmare. I have been to so many doctors and get no relief at all.

Comment from: Tammy F, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 12

As someone who has been burned a few times buying products that claim (very convincingly) to be phenomenal, and also as someone who NEVER writes reviews, I felt compelled to write this one. My husband had very bad rosacea on his face. We tried many different creams, some commercial, some alternative "all natural". He had no real luck. Then we came across a recommendation for the Made from Earth skin care line. There we found the Rosehip and Hibiscus Face Serum, which is ideal for rosacea. At $15 a bottle - we had nothing to lose since we already tried all the expensive treatments that did not work! It was inexpensive and having been burned before, I thought at least we'd only be out $15. I never expected it to work. My husbands Rosacea is gone. He uses this every day. He noticed a difference in a month of continuous daily use. Buy it - it is worth the price and more.

Rosacea - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with rosacea?
Rosacea - Share Your Experience Question: How did the first signs of rosacea appear? Please share your experience.
Rosacea - Triggers and Diet Question: Have you noticed any triggers for your rosacea? Which foods do you avoid, and which foods help your skin?
Rosacea - Natural Remedies Question: Do you use any home or natural remedies for your rosacea? Please share tips.
Rosacea - Skin Care Question: Please provide tips and suggestions for taking care of rosacea and your sensitive skin.