Patient Comments: Rosacea - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your rosacea?

Comment from: proffy22, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 27

I have now found a cure for rosacea which works for me where products like Rozex only attenuated the problem over many years. I believe the form I had was caused by a virus and I discovered some time ago I could get rid of a wart within a few days by pressing very cold ice cube on it. So I tried the same, holding ice on the sides of my nose which were affected. The rosacea disappeared within a few days and I have been clear for months now. I use very cold ice cubes from the freezer, which must be at about 15 degrees, and hold this on till it begins to ache.

Comment from: diamond, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 14

Rosacea needs daily attention to keep it under control. There are some easy things that I do and they help my face stay mostly clear. Before I tried this regime, my face was full of sores and very red. Now I use Dove soap and only Dove. I also use a soft puff to exfoliate every night when I wash my face. In the morning I use Neutrogena Stress Control wipes. At night I use tea tree oil wipes. I also use makeup or skin cream during the day with a lot of sunscreen for protection and conditioning. For me, stress is my biggest enemy. It really causes my rosacea to flare up.

Comment from: CJ, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 18

I have had rosacea all my life. I am fair skinned and freckled. My face was always red. I recently started taking astaxanthin 4 mg/day. It is found in any nutrition store. And after about 2 weeks I noticed my skin being more skin colored. After approximately 30 days my skin is no longer red. It is a pure miracle. I urge all who suffer to give it a try. Astaxanthin is an antioxidant found in krill oil. Research before you try. You won't regret it.

Comment from: cindy, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 08

Using sunscreen every day and not using makeup every day, but just on special occasions is effective for my rosacea.

Comment from: turmericala, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 10

I've been battling rosacea for more than a year now, specifically on my right cheek. I had a series of IPL (intense pulsed light) treatments which helped mildly with the redness but didn't cure breakouts. My dermatologist prescribed Metrogel, not much success there either. I came across a facemask recipe which is working wonders clearing up the pustules and inflammation; two tablespoons of Greek yoghurt, 1 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder. Turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. Just two weeks after daily use the pustules are finally gone. Be sure to store in the fridge and take care when applying. Turmeric does stain clothes and hair.

Comment from: Susie.., 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 30

My outbreak of rosacea is mainly triggered by stress and even more when I use face moisturizer. Most often I have a breakout within days of wearing face cream so it is just a dab of foundation and nothing else. The condition started when I was 38 due to my husband and his girlfriends. I was treated with cortisone creams that caused it to increase, the best treatment is minomycin tablet.

Comment from: Joanne71, 35-44 (Patient) Published: June 01

I have had rosacea now for over 15 years and still cannot find my actual triggers. I have found that Rozex cream has helped massively but would love to have a sort of allergy/intolerance test to get to the route of what triggers it off.

Comment from: Nobody, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 27

I have had rosacea now for the last 15 to 20 years. I have tried all the creams that my doctor prescribed and off the shelf. But nothing worked since I have oily skin. I tried rubbing alcohol and it seems to keep the redness at bay with only the occasional flare up. My case may not be as severe as others.

Rosacea - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with rosacea?
Rosacea - Share Your Experience Question: How did the first signs of rosacea appear? Please share your experience.
Rosacea - Triggers and Diet Question: Have you noticed any triggers for your rosacea? Which foods do you avoid, and which foods help your skin?
Rosacea - Natural Remedies Question: Do you use any home or natural remedies for your rosacea? Please share tips.
Rosacea - Skin Care Question: Please provide tips and suggestions for taking care of rosacea and your sensitive skin.