Patient Comments: Rosacea - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your rosacea?

Comment from: det436, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: October 15

My Rosacea responds very well to a daily 250 mgs of dicloxacillin. When I have serious flare-ups I experience pustules that form on my nose which bleed quite a bit if I scrub them with soap and face cloth. A week of treatment with the anti-biotic restores my nose and blushing area to normal. Hope this info helps someone else.

Comment from: 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 10

I have had rosacea for about 13 years now. I am 51 years old. I treat it with a Metronidazole gel (1%), the brand name is Metrogel. It is a Prescription medicine that you apply to your rosacea when it starts to flare up. It usually takes a week or two, but it always clears it up. Tried all kinds of antibiotics before my dermatologist recommended the Metrogel and nothing else helped. If you have Rosacea you should try the Metro91nidazole gel (1%), It works well.

Comment from: Sara, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 10

At 49 I have had rosacea for over 20 years and tried a wide variety of prescription medications and seen many dermatologists who in retrospect were of little help. Out of frustration I turned to the Internet for information and solutions. I have been using a treatment called Rosacea-Ltd for about three years now with very good results. I can't say I am cured of rosacea but I am able to control it with greater ease and ever increasing periods of remission. This is the only treatment I have ever used that I have felt comfortable recommending to anyone.

Comment from: pamela, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

I use Eucerin which is not a cure but it does hide it during the day, under make-up. I think my Rosacea is caused by taking steroids.

Rosacea - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with rosacea?
Rosacea - Share Your Experience Question: How did the first signs of rosacea appear? Please share your experience.
Rosacea - Triggers and Diet Question: Have you noticed any triggers for your rosacea? Which foods do you avoid, and which foods help your skin?
Rosacea - Natural Remedies Question: Do you use any home or natural remedies for your rosacea? Please share tips.
Rosacea - Skin Care Question: Please provide tips and suggestions for taking care of rosacea and your sensitive skin.