Patient Comments: Rosacea - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your rosacea?

Comment from: Susie.., 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 30

My outbreak of rosacea is mainly triggered by stress and even more when I use face moisturizer. Most often I have a breakout within days of wearing face cream so it is just a dab of foundation and nothing else. The condition started when I was 38 due to my husband and his girlfriends. I was treated with cortisone creams that caused it to increase, the best treatment is minomycin tablet.

Comment from: Joanne71, 35-44 (Patient) Published: June 01

I have had rosacea now for over 15 years and still cannot find my actual triggers. I have found that Rozex cream has helped massively but would love to have a sort of allergy/intolerance test to get to the route of what triggers it off.

Comment from: Nobody, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 27

I have had rosacea now for the last 15 to 20 years. I have tried all the creams that my doctor prescribed and off the shelf. But nothing worked since I have oily skin. I tried rubbing alcohol and it seems to keep the redness at bay with only the occasional flare up. My case may not be as severe as others.

Comment from: nela, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 22

I recently got this natural cream called night rosacea from eBay and it worked wonders for me. I've never used it before, but I'm glad I tried.

Comment from: Jo Marie C., 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 11

I've tried a lot of creams from doctors and never found a good one that helped bring down the redness. Derma MD rosacea treatment serum helped the first day I used it.

Comment from: yecats, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 08

I found the only thing to help with my rosacea was drinking green tea, though I don't know why.

Comment from: Don, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 17

Rosacea is easy to get rid of; all one has to do is get on a strict gluten free diet and take your essential fatty acid (EFA) and vitamin A.

Comment from: lmartinwv, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 18

I currently have rosacea. I was in my thirties when first diagnosed with rosacea. So far, I have found that topical Metrogel for the face has helped calm the redness and doxycycline also helped.

Comment from: Tammy F, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 12

As someone who has been burned a few times buying products that claim (very convincingly) to be phenomenal, and also as someone who NEVER writes reviews, I felt compelled to write this one. My husband had very bad rosacea on his face. We tried many different creams, some commercial, some alternative "all natural". He had no real luck. Then we came across a recommendation for the Made from Earth skin care line. There we found the Rosehip and Hibiscus Face Serum, which is ideal for rosacea. At $15 a bottle - we had nothing to lose since we already tried all the expensive treatments that did not work! It was inexpensive and having been burned before, I thought at least we'd only be out $15. I never expected it to work. My husbands Rosacea is gone. He uses this every day. He noticed a difference in a month of continuous daily use. Buy it - it is worth the price and more.

Published: May 12

My wife had what may have been rosacea or a weird acne breakout on her right mid to upper cheek only. It got to the point that without makeup on she looked scary. I told her to try a apple cider vinegar treatment that worked for our daughters warts, so she gave it a try after nothing else worked, what she did was every night before she went to sleep she took the tip of a q-tip and soaked it in organic apple cider vinegar then squeezed the excess out of it still leaving it wet though, she placed it over the area and covered it with a band aid and slept with it over night, she did this for a week straight without missing a day and it has improved to the point that if she's not wearing make up she doesn't look scary anymore. I would say that it has helped dramatically and I know it works for warts because we did it on our 8 year old daughter and after a week they were gone.

Rosacea - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with rosacea?
Rosacea - Share Your Experience Question: How did the first signs of rosacea appear? Please share your experience.
Rosacea - Triggers and Diet Question: Have you noticed any triggers for your rosacea? Which foods do you avoid, and which foods help your skin?
Rosacea - Natural Remedies Question: Do you use any home or natural remedies for your rosacea? Please share tips.
Rosacea - Skin Care Question: Please provide tips and suggestions for taking care of rosacea and your sensitive skin.