Patient Comments: Rosacea - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your rosacea?

Published: June 17

My aunt and I were diagnosed with rosacea in 2001. Over the years, we have taken the oral antibiotics, the topical antibiotics, and my aunt has had the laser done. The antibiotics work when dealing with flare ups. We also tried the "Rosacea Diet." The diet consists of getting off of all sugars, breads, and dairy for three weeks. After three weeks, you slowly add things back to your diet to see what causes flair ups. This was difficult to weed out what triggered flare ups. My aunt had the laser done three years ago, and she is doing well. She does not have redness as frequent as she used to. Under rosacea treatment, her insurance did cover this procedure. As this article has stated rosacea is an on and off disease. It's frustrating and bothersome.

Comment from: dogooder, 25-34 Female Published: May 12

My skin condition which was diagnosed as Rosacea was treated by many Allopaths with antibiotics and face creams. I did not respond to them at all. My friends suggested that I try Homeopathy and I have had great results with this treatment in the last 4 months. I have researched homeopathic medicines and have found that their treatment plans work the best in chronic skin disorders. I have been recommending my Homeopath to everyone with skin disorders.

Comment from: rosemar, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 12

I have just discovered that my face redness is caused by rosacea when the dermatologist explained it to me. So now even during rainy days, I've got to put sunblock on my face very gently so as not to irritate my skin more. I think I'm doing fine with the sunblock since my face is looking better. Just try that sunblock that suits your skin. Ask your dermatologist.

Comment from: Beau, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: May 12

My 85 year-old aunt is a diabetic and has just had her regular foot doctor replaced by a younger doctor. He apparently has a really bad case of what seems to be rosacea. She is afraid that the condition could be contagious and worries she might contract it because of her diabetes.

Comment from: georgia, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 08

I have suffered from rosea since the age of 18. It has now become a permeant feature (butterfly appearance across nose and cheeks with pustules). In the last 2 years, it has totally destroyed my confidence and social life. I have tried many gels creams and antibiotics to no avail. I have just been refused laser treatment on the NHS, as it is deemed as cosmetic, I do not have the financial means to fund it myself, I wonder if the people who make these decisions suffer with it?

Comment from: Rednomore, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 08

Tried MetroGel and some "miracle" cures found on the web. Aside from making my nose shine. MetroGel had no effect, but it may work for some. The "miracle" stuff was also a waste of money. Then my doctor gave me clinimycin phosphate and the results were quick and impressive. Still had some faint redness but no more red pimple bumps and breakouts. It's under control now with daily use. Don't waste your time on over-the-counter junk. Avoid your triggers and see your doctor.

Published: April 06

I have had Rosacea for many years. It was first mis-diagnosed as "adult acne". I now keep it under control using BeautiControl Skinlogics for Sensitive Skin. It has a gentle wash, calming rinse, relaxing moisturizer, and a 4th product to relieve redness. My skin has never looked better. In addition to wearing a sunscreen, I avoid alcohol and spicy food. I just learned that cinnamon is a big trigger for me also

Comment from: marilyngirl, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 17

I just started using Metronidazole cream, prescribed by my doctor. It is a miracle worker! Within 24 hours the redness was gone, and within 2 days the bumps started to dry up and fade. My skin looks so much better, and it's only been 3 days!

Rosacea - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with rosacea?
Rosacea - Share Your Experience Question: How did the first signs of rosacea appear? Please share your experience.
Rosacea - Triggers and Diet Question: Have you noticed any triggers for your rosacea? Which foods do you avoid, and which foods help your skin?
Rosacea - Natural Remedies Question: Do you use any home or natural remedies for your rosacea? Please share tips.
Rosacea - Skin Care Question: Please provide tips and suggestions for taking care of rosacea and your sensitive skin.