Patient Comments: Rosacea - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your rosacea?

Comment from: Carol, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 16

Pulsed dye laser got rid of the little red veins. Isolaz helped the background redness kind of like a "blanket" treatment ! I gave up using certain cleansers Boots No7 soft and soothed is OK. So is Avene the French brand Lush oatifix face mask is really nice and soothing too I don't drink alcohol and I NEVER do the sun.

Comment from: Mat, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: June 13

I tried numerous things from laser treatments to different creams. The laser treatment worked for a few months at a time, but it was expensive and painful. Now I use a cream called Finacea. It is hands down the best treatment I have tried. This was about 7 or 8 years ago and I still swear by it. I have found that I need to wet shave twice a week (possibly helping exfoliate the skin), but this is a minor detail as far as I am concerned. Living in Perth, Australia, and working on the ocean, it is almost impossible to avoid sunlight, which is one of the worst triggers for the condition. The combination of the cream and shaving has worked well.

Comment from: Chris100, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 07

I suffered from an outbreak of rosacea 2 years ago at the age of 45 and it has gotten worse than I could imagine at times. I've seen a dermatologist and took pills and creams and tried every anti-redding product out there-nothing worked-until now. For one week now I have been using pure Australian Tea Tree Oil on a cotton pad twice a day and my redness and bumps/acne has disappeared. The pure oil not the diluted spray etc. It hasn't been this clear for years. I bought it in the drug store for 19.00 and in a week have used about 25% of the bottle so very affordable. You have nothing to lose- try it!!!!!!!!

Comment from: Self cured, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 20

I recently suffered from rosacea for three years before discovering what triggered it. I tried all kinds of treatments, and the only one that worked was a daily dose of 80 mg of Solodyn. That kept it in check, but I still had small flare ups once in a while. I did find out what was triggering it, though. Any food with wheat in it causes it for me. And the reaction is very bad. Maybe it's the gluten? To a lesser degree, lactose will cause it to flare. I cut out these two foods, and I am totally cured. I take no medicine any more. Any of you who suffer from this condition I truly have sympathy for you, but you might want to look into cutting out these two types of food.

Comment from: Bren, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: September 10

I have had rosacea since I was 11, I am now 41 It has effected my life totally, especially my confidence. I have tried medication, creams and laser treatment. The laser treatment totally cleared up the visible veins and reduced the redness. I have quit smoking and drinking alcohol recently and also products that contain sugar. I just heard that tomatoes are suspected as being a rosacea trigger also. I had laser treatment 7 years ago. Now a lot of people are talking about the Genesis Laser treatment so I will try that soon. My skin situation sucks and I used to feel so sorry for myself, but I don't feel sorry so much any more as there are a lot of people with a much worse problems than me.

Published: July 25

I'm 32, I started to get Rosacea at 30 years old, I started to treat it with a face wash, lotion and Minocycline capsules that my dermatologist had prescribed me, it help for a little, but then I stop using the medications. I then started to use teas to wash my face, and that has helped my Rosacea to get much better, the redness has minimized as well as the swelling. The teas I use are (Cats Claw and Romero) these have helped my face to get back in shape. I would recommend the teas to be used after washing the face with honey and milk soap. Make sure that the tea is boiled before using it on face with Cotton.

Published: June 25

I am 47 years old and have suffered rosacea for years I had 2 lots of laser treatment 3 years ago. It was the best money I spent it reduces the redness and I no longer get the comments oh have you been in the sun or do you drink a lot of alcohol I hardly drink. I have only had a couple of flare-ups but when I do I get a course of antibiotics and reduce my diet to remove all hot drinks spicy foods and alcohol. I find that helps a lot also the more I'm stressed the worse it gets. (I seem to suffer from very larger pimple type sores and they are very painful). I have learned to live with it and am going to have further laser treatment when I feel that I need to.

Rosacea - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with rosacea?
Rosacea - Share Your Experience Question: How did the first signs of rosacea appear? Please share your experience.
Rosacea - Triggers and Diet Question: Have you noticed any triggers for your rosacea? Which foods do you avoid, and which foods help your skin?
Rosacea - Natural Remedies Question: Do you use any home or natural remedies for your rosacea? Please share tips.
Rosacea - Skin Care Question: Please provide tips and suggestions for taking care of rosacea and your sensitive skin.