Patient Comments: Rosacea - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your rosacea?

Comment from: nela, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 22

I recently got this natural cream called night rosacea from eBay and it worked wonders for me. I've never used it before, but I'm glad I tried.

Comment from: storm5, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 10

Anyone that has super sensitive skin or rosacea knows how difficult it can be to find a facial cleanser. I slather the Made from Earth green tea cleanser on my face liberally and I do not have the redness or ugly rosacea irritation I was getting.

Comment from: JMB, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 21

I have had rosacea since my twenties. Three years ago I developed acne rosacea. After visiting an acupuncturist who suggested I have a blood test for allergies I discovered I was allergic to gluten and dairy. I eliminated those from my diet and the acne was less. I was also told that coffee has the same molecular structure as wheat and although I did not test positive for caffeine I gave up coffee and saw more improvement with the acne. Now that we have identified the problem of food allergies I am hopeful that using some other natural remedies such a clay baths, etc. will help remove the toxins from my skin. And, the bonus of eating mostly vegetables and fruit is I have more energy and have lost some weight. This has been a win-win all around!

Comment from: SmithG8168, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 01

My first skin rash occurred when I was 38 and it, and subsequent rashes were misdiagnosed for a twenty year period. After I was correctly diagnosed with rosacea, I was prescribed Metrocream and given a daily dose of 40 mg of doxycycline. This along with sun avoidance between 10 am and 4 pm has worked well for me. Unfortunately, after a third V-beam treatment I developed small bumps and large pores on my nose.

Comment from: Whowahoo, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 18

I had the worst form, ocular rosacea that would drop the side of my face to some degree with the dermal version also. I was treated with prednisone injections, tetracycline and trigger awareness. Once stabilized for some reason I used about two tubes of Dollar Tree hydrocortisone 1% afterwards and have never again been plagued with rosacea in any form.

Comment from: rosygrannie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 01

I went on doxycycline for about 6 months and it really helped. I didn't like the idea of being on antibiotics indefinitely, so I went off the doxycycline. After a few months my rosacea worsened. I began using azelaic acid (Finacea) a few weeks ago and am already noticing improvement. I notice it helps to avoid getting overheated; stay out of the sun, and avoid tomato-family foods (solanaceae: tomato, peppers, eggplant, white potatoes).

Comment from: jan, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 16

I have been taking oxytetracycline periodically to keep my skin under control, normally cannot leave it more than 2 weeks without (less in winter), however I last took the tablets for rosacea 5 weeks ago as I was having an operation. Following this operation I have to have warfarin (or similar) blood thinning injections for a month. So far have not had a single spot on my face. Coincidence? Long may it last!

Comment from: Bec, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 22

I was first diagnosed with rosacea in my mid-20s. I had a very bad case of it which affected my chin region. I was initially put on a cream which was prescribed by my dermatologist. The cream was fantastic but was only a short term cream and was also very expensive. Since then, I have been using QV cream which is cheap and a cream I can use daily. QV seems to keep my rosacea calm and I have seen a huge improvement in the redness since using QV. I am now 30 and you wouldn"t even know I have rosacea.

Rosacea - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with rosacea?
Rosacea - Share Your Experience Question: How did the first signs of rosacea appear? Please share your experience.
Rosacea - Triggers and Diet Question: Have you noticed any triggers for your rosacea? Which foods do you avoid, and which foods help your skin?
Rosacea - Natural Remedies Question: Do you use any home or natural remedies for your rosacea? Please share tips.
Rosacea - Skin Care Question: Please provide tips and suggestions for taking care of rosacea and your sensitive skin.