Patient Comments: Root Canal - Cost

How much did your root canal cost? Did insurance cover your procedure?

Comment from: (Patient) Published: November 05

I had to have two root canals done. The one cost me 1750.00 and the second 850.00. I can't believe a procedure like that costs so much. My insurance covered 1400.00 of the first one and nothing for the second one. Worst of all, my dentist doesn't take payments. I think that it is sad that they don't work out a payment schedule for you. Who has that kind of money just laying around! I was disappointed.

Comment from: sweepea, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: September 17

My first root canal was done at a general dentist. I had private insurance so it only cost me a 70$ co pay. That included the prescription for pain medicine and prescription for antibiotics, which the dentist's office filled. The second was done by a resident endodontist at a dental school. It cost 400$, no insurance. The third was done by a student dentist at the same dental school, and cost only 250$, no insurance.

Comment from: john, Male (Patient) Published: June 02

My root canal cost $ 800.00 and insurance covered 54% or $ 432.00, I paid the rest. It is noteworthy to add that this tooth had one canal.

Comment from: caraseen, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

Unfortunately, dental insurance goes up to $2,000. Which is pretty much one procedure. After that, it"s all on you. I just found this out because I needed a root canal. Now a week later I have to have another root canal, different tooth. So two root canals and two crowns... I will end up with $4,000 worth of dental work and in debt! Lovely!

Comment from: david, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 06

I had a toothache and went to the dentist. I was told it was pretty bad, an extraction and USD 280. Then I was informed a root canal for 4 roots would be USD 2200. I visited a friend in Ukraine and the root canal procedure with x-rays cost a total of USD 250.

Comment from: Theresa, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 30

Cost for 5 visits to the dentist for root canal was around USD 1200 and USD 2500 for endodontist, who is worth every cent. Don't be scared, just do it quickly when pain starts.

Comment from: suz4sure, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 12

I had to get 2 root canals and 3 crowns. Knowing the price in US and living close to Tijuana, I went to Mexico. It was a great decision! My root canal was USD 150. The crown is USD 200 and a post for the crown was USD 150. That made my entire 3 teeth crowned with 2 root canals USD 1200. It was not painful, in fact, I fell asleep. It took several hours and 3 visits total but worth every penny!

Comment from: dw, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 29

My plan pays very little for teeth cleanings and routine checkups (something you would think they would encourage you do to). Of course my plan will not pay for anything expensive like a root canal, crown, etc.

Comment from: GC, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: June 16

I am getting a quote for a redo of root canal, $950 + deductible. Two visits and not including restoration of the crown.

Root Canal - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with root canal.
Root Canal - Procedures Question: How painful was your root canal procedure?
Root Canal - Recovery Question: How was your recovery from your root canal procedure?
Root Canal - Symptoms Question: What symptoms led you to believe that you needed a root canal?