Patient Comments: Ringworm - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your ringworm?

Comment from: Natural Healing, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 22

Use Raw African Black Soap. Shower with it. Also lather it up and apply the lather to the ringworm affected area and leave it on overnight. It begins to work in a matter of hours. By the next day you will see a big difference. Buy it in beauty supply stores or order it online.

Comment from: SilverCrow, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: March 07

After suffering with ringworm for 2 months, I"ve tried almost every over counter athlete foot and anti-fungus cream and spray. I also tried 100% tea tree oil as well as nail polish. None of the above seem to work or work very slow. I finally found an ointment called "Blue Star Ointment" that's been around since 1920. You can buy it at Walmart for under $6. It takes about 3 to 4 days instead of weeks to see result. This ointment is absolutely amazing! My ringworm is almost gone and it"s only been 4 days.

Comment from: Finally, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 26

After years of having these ringworms on my hands nothing worked, creams over the counter, from prescription, natural remedies; until I tried liquid wart remover. This did the trick after years of trial and error.

Comment from: Mandy, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 07

For ringworm, I tried Selsun Blue, the one with the little beads. I applied it, let it dry and rinsed it an hour later. It is better than the creams, I've used up to tubes of creams the doctor gave me and I only had to use Selsun Blue for two days!

Comment from: jodi, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I have had ringworm for nine months. I tried everything: over the counter medications, prescriptions medications, and everything on these message boards including painting them with fingernail polish. Tea tree oil is amazing. It stopped spreading, itching and the bigger patches are gone. I still have some lingering spots but this stuff is amazing.

Comment from: earnski, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

Dermovate cream is very good for ringworm. Clobetasol propionate I think is the generic name. Check at the nearest pharmacy!

Comment from: whisk, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 18

Creams seem to work for my ringworm when used consistently yet can be costly. I have found that infrared heat kills the fungus (use cautiously as not to burn your skin) but expose regularly. Dry skin also appears to be a culprit to breed ringworm.

Comment from: DPS, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

My 2 daughters (11 and 14) and I went to a water park in August. Within a week we all had these round marks that seemed to grow, turn red and scaly. Mine was over my upper lip, my daughter on her cheek, the other on the inside of her forearm. I brought them to their pediatrician who diagnosed ringworm. He saw my mouth and was kind enough to give me a prescription too: Lamisil applied twice daily "killed" the ugly fungus within 2 weeks.

Comment from: mandy33, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

It is Wednesday and last Friday I rescued a stray kitten and got ringworm. Well, I started getting itchy and then where the kitten had sat, I got red bumps (breast and torso). I read a ton of forums and researched it forever. I have tried cream, tea tree oil, nail polish and iodine. Finally last night I found out about Neem oil and bought it this morning. I have been applying it today and already I see results.

Ringworm - Is it Contagious? Question: How do you think you caught ringworm?
Ringworm - Diagnosis Question: How was your ringworm diagnosed?