Patient Comments: Ringworm - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your ringworm?

Comment from: lizzibennett, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 05

I had ringworm several places on my upper body about a month ago. On one of my breasts, one on left side of the waist, and two on the right side of my waist. My treatment was Econazole Nitrate 1% cream 30GM, applied it twice a day (after first day, though the marks were still apparent, it becomes no longer contagious/spreadable) use for two weeks and bye bye ringworms! Econazole Nitrate 1% cream 30GM is a prescription treatment, though still not expensive enough to make you cringe when paying for it.

Comment from: bt, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 16

After trying everything out there, I went to a Chinese acupuncturist. He made up a special batch of herbs that I boiled and made into a tea. I had rash around my neck and generally felt awful from the internal infection. It worked. Great thing is he can work on several things at once.

Comment from: rachel, Female Published: October 16

I put a little honey on my ringworm, enough to cover the area, and put a band-aid over the spot. The first night I tried this it worked great. I woke up the next morning and the ringworm was half its size from the night before and it is steadily going away.

Comment from: JH, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 13

Tea tree oil is the answer! You can buy it at a health food store and it's natural.

Ringworm - Is it Contagious? Question: How do you think you caught ringworm?
Ringworm - Diagnosis Question: What types of exams or tests led to a diagnosis of ringworm?