Patient Comments: Ringworm - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your ringworm?

Comment from: John, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: August 21

I have multiple ringworms on my right side (only on the upper front part of my body) for more than six weeks. Nothing seems to work. I've tried Clotrimazole and Neosporin AF. I've started using Lamisil in the last two weeks, and the old ones ringworms stopped growing, but new ones are starting to appear. I don't think it helps that the doctors keep switching me from one medication to another.

Comment from: JL, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 21

Tea tree oil helped my ringworm. You can buy it at any health store for about $13. I put it on and within 24 hours, the redness goes away and the ring begins to diminish. I coat the area and put a Band-Aid so it won't infect anyone. I would recommend it to anyone for immediate results.

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 16

I have ringworm and it spread and now looks like a rash. I have tried to go to the doctor, and the medications that they gave me made it worse, so I tried jock itch cream, triple antibiotic ointment, everything under the sun and it still won't go away.

Comment from: Hires, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: July 26

This is one of the twenty years old college student I have been suffering from ringworm and itching for the last four years. I have taken medication prescribed by some doctors and applied to cure it and some antifungal creams though I could not cure it fully when I use medication. So for a few days I feel relief but later some days the same situation.

Comment from: anon, 25-34 Female Published: May 29

Cover the ringworm with nail polish overnight. The ringworm will be gone in the morning. It's worked for me more times than I can count.

Comment from: FinallyCrudless, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 24

I have been fighting ringworm for the last 15 years and finally found a cure! My ringworm recently reached as high as my mid-back and as low as my mid-thigh with severe inflammation and itching. It drove me nuts! I had tried all the topical creams including Nizoral and Lamisil, but the ringworm would come back again after I stopped taking them over the same exact areas that they were in before. I was at my wits end and ready to quit my job in Haiti because the humid weather was making life unbearable. Then I started an Atkins diet, and within one week, the ringworm was almost unnoticeable! It seems to me that eliminating carbs and sugars from my diet deprived the fungus from whatever it needed to thrive. I hope this information helps others; it sure has changed my life.

Comment from: yourgirlkaykay, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 18

My daughter and I have a type of ringworm that just won't go away. It is like it is in our blood stream. She has taken the oral medicine for two months straight, but all it did was go away and now it is back again. She has ringworm of the scalp, and I have ringworm of the body. My ringworm seems to show up and disappear on its own.

Comment from: thelma, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 18

I have had ringworm on my left arm just beneath my wrist on the side for about two weeks now. This is the second time that I have contracted the fungus from someone's child. My mother suggested bleach, and I read somewhere that hand sanitizing and anti-bacterial hand soaps work well. Ultimately Lotrimin Ultra is the best way to go. I believe a combination of anti-bacterial products such as Germ-X and anti-bacterial soaps combined with the Lotrimin helps. Also, I try to avoid scratching at all cost. This helps to prevent the spreading. The ringworm has now dried (after one week), and I am waiting for the color of my skin to return. Remember frequent sanitizing, washing your hands, and avoid scratching.

Ringworm - Is it Contagious? Question: How do you think you caught ringworm?
Ringworm - Diagnosis Question: How was your ringworm diagnosed?