Patient Comments: Ringworm - Is it Contagious?

How do you think you caught ringworm?

Comment from: Dogwalker, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 25

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe I caught this from either 1) one of my client"s dogs that I walk or 2) one of the rescued feral kittens that I"ve helped capture recently. It started as a burning sensation under my right arm. It felt like razor burn at first, then a few days later I had the ring of fire. I am on day 3 of OTC treatment 2 to 3 times a day. It"s starting to calm down a bit and isn"t growing, so that"s a good sign. I might have to continue with the antifungal creams and powders for a few weeks.

Comment from: bwlr37, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 20

We are not sure but we think we got it either from our dog or when he got his back shaved.

Comment from: Coleyna, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 31

I had ringworm as a child. Someone told my parents about gentian violet. It worked but it makes you look like you got in a fight with blue ink pens. I got a kitten recently. She scratched me a lot at first. And everywhere she scratched I got a spot. I am using the gentian violet again. It does work but the purple spots are hard to explain.

Comment from: hachi, 7-12 Male (Caregiver) Published: November 01

We got a new puppy from a breeder. I found a hot spot behind his ear. Now my daughter and son have what appears to be ringworm.

Comment from: chef, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

I caught ringworm from a hotel room.

Comment from: weight lifter, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 06

I caught ringworm from the mat at my workout facility.

Comment from: Softball, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 18

I have itchy red skin that starts as blisters and ends up looking like ringworm and discolor my skin. The patches of red take a long time to go away. I'm also starting to have abdominal cramps and diarrhea and hope this is not attributed to a GI disorder.

Ringworm - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your ringworm?
Ringworm - Diagnosis Question: How was your ringworm diagnosed?