Patient Comments: Rickets - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your rickets?

Comment from: pj, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

My teeth have started to break off. My nails peak and are flimsy. My gums hurt, my bones and muscles hurt. My calcium, estrogen and vitamin D levels are low. I am diabetic, my sugar is high, between 185 and 265 mostly. Also, l have spinal stenosis and have lost 2 1/2 to 3 inches in height over the last 8 years.

Rickets - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with rickets.
Rickets - Causes Question: What caused your rickets?
Rickets - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your rickets?
Rickets - Prevention Question: Have you or your child been diagnosed with a vitamin D deficiency? Please share your experience.