Patient Comments: Rickets - Experience

Please describe your experience with rickets.

Comment from: Dolly, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 20

I acquired bent spine and bowing ribs. I was unable to walk, with uneven gait like wobbling side to side, like my body was locking down. I had extreme muscle weakness and horrid burning pain of the back, hips and legs. I also had muscle spasms, knots in my legs, under my collar bones and upper arms and numbness in the feet; and on-going, unremitting tiredness, depression, suicidal thoughts and frequent urination. I thought I was going crazy!

Rickets - Causes Question: What caused your rickets?
Rickets - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your rickets?
Rickets - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your rickets?
Rickets - Prevention Question: Have you or your child been diagnosed with a vitamin D deficiency? Please share your experience.