Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
What other names is Riboflavin (vitamin B2) known by?
B Complex Vitamin, Complexe de Vitamines B, Flavin, Flavine, Lactoflavin, Lactoflavine, Riboflavina, Riboflavine, Vitamin B-2, Vitamin G, Vitamina B2, Vitamine B2, Vitamine G.
What is Riboflavin (vitamin B2)?
Riboflavin is a B vitamin. It can be found in certain foods such as milk, meat, eggs, nuts, enriched flour, and green vegetables.
- Treating and preventing riboflavin deficiency and conditions related to riboflavin deficiency.
Possibly Effective for...
- Preventing migraine headaches.
- Preventing cataracts, an eye disorder.
Possibly Ineffective for...
- Treating migraine headaches.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Acne, muscle cramps, boosting the immune system, aging, maintaining healthy skin and hair, canker sores, memory loss including Alzheimer's disease, lactic acidosis (a serious blood-acid imbalance) in people with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS), preventing cervical cancer, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).