- Antiaging Tips & Secrets Slideshow Pictures
- Cosmetic Surgery Slideshow Pictures
- Take the Skin Quiz
- Find a local Plastic Surgeon in your town
- Rhinoplasty facts
- What is rhinoplasty?
- Initial evaluation for rhinoplasty
- What happens before rhinoplasty surgery?
- What happens the day of Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What happens during rhinoplasty surgery?
- What happens after rhinoplasty surgery?
- What is the post-operative care for rhinoplasty?
- What are the risks and complications of rhinoplasty?
Quick GuideCosmetic Surgery Slideshow: Before and After Pictures
- These procedures are done to change, correct, or repair the nose.
- A thorough discussion of the patient's goals, anticipated results, and possible surgical limitations is an essential part of pre-surgical planning.
- Surgery is usually done in an outpatient surgicenter facility under anesthesia.
- Assistance is required for the first day after surgery.
- Several office visits for nose care and optimal results will be necessary following surgery.
What is rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is a facial cosmetic procedure, usually performed to enhance the appearance or reconstruct the nose. During rhinoplasty, the nasal cartilages and bones are modified, or tissue is added, to improve the visual appeal of the nose. Rhinoplasty is also frequently performed to repair nasal fractures. When rhinoplasty is used to repair nasal fractures, the goal is to restore pre-injury appearance of the nose. Septorhinoplasty is a related procedure performed for patients who also have nasal obstruction. Septorhinoplasty not only improves the appearance of the nose, but it removes any internal obstructions and stabilizes structures that may be blocking nasal breathing.
Initial evaluation for rhinoplasty
Cosmetic concerns and expectations should be fully discussed prior to surgery. The surgeon's recommendations and any particular limitations set forth by the structure of your nose, face, and skin are important to understand and have explained. Photographs (without make-up) are usually obtained before surgery to help with preoperative planning and after surgery to document postoperative results.