Patient Comments: Rheumatoid Factor - Testing

Did you test positive for rheumatoid factor? How did your treatment progress?

Comment from: Ebelleboo2, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

My RF is 40, positive. I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis. I am on biologic and other medications, including prednisone, to control flares.

Comment from: GRR, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 16

After seven weeks of continuing joint pain aggravated by skiing and snow board spills, I took a blood test. The rheumatoid arthritis (RA) result was 226 and the ASO AB was 267. I am scheduled to see an arthritis specialist in three weeks. Conventional remedies like ice, ibuprofen, rest and Voltaren have been temporarily helpful but overall unsuccessful. The symptoms are worse in the early morning and bumping the sites can be quite painful.

Comment from: dadavis, 55-64 (Patient) Published: May 30

I just found out I have a rheumatoid Factor of 218 and my doctor says I am at risk for the more severe symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. I am unsure of my future. I have very few symptoms now.

Comment from: sam, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: April 11

My rheumatoid (RA) factor is 94. I"m taking Remicade IV for 6 weeks.